PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF REGROW PROJECT SAFE-GUARD DOCUMENTS
1. The Government of Tanzania (GoT), through the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism (MNRT), has an intention of receiving funding from the International Development Association (IDA), housed by the World Bank (WB) in the form of a loan to finance the cost of a Resilient Natural Resource Management for Tourism and Growth (REGROW) Project. The REGROW project, seeks to strengthen the management of protected areas and promote nature-based tourism in Southern Tanzania – known as the "Southern Circuit", and contribute to the diversification of livelihoods in selected communities.
2. MNRT intends to implement REGROW in a transparent and inclusive manner and has developed framework guidance documents to operationalize the project. The documents which are hereby disclosed to the public include REGROW’s Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF), Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF) and Process Framework (PF), all designed to ensure that MNRT uses a systematic approach to engage with all stakeholders
- Stakeholder consultation and disclosure plan (Click Here!)
- Environmental and social management framework (Click Here!)
- Process framework (Click Here!)
- Resettlement policy framework (Click Here!)